Monday, July 15, 2013

Deep Thoughts

Am I the only person that finds packing for a trip to be the most daunting task in the world? Perhaps it's just that my summer brain gets far too bogged down by a task that requires actual planning. Instead of packing for said trip, I find that my mind is full of a lot of random thoughts. No doubt my undiagnosed ADHD is kicking in...At any rate, sometimes I feel like I have things to say but nowhere to say them. Luckily I have this neat little blog. So without any rhyme or reason, here are a few of my random summer musings, and then I swear I'm totally going to finish packing :)
  • I had a discussion with a friend the other day about how weird it would've been to be the first person to discover watermelon. I imagine someone foraging in a forest and discovering this crazy large green thing. They attempt to pick it up only to drop it because of its weight. The drop cracks it open and holy crow! It's red, sweet, and amazing inside! I wish I had been that person.
  • I think it's really rude when people wave at you when they're doing really dumb things. "Hey, I know I'm cutting you off or almost running you over, but I'm waving so it's cool!" That's not cool, that's dick.
  • I'm seriously considering starting a new collection bin out in my alley. I'm going to label it "Hobo" so that people will stop digging through the trash. They'll be easily able to access what they need and move along quickly. Everybody wins.
  • Today is laundry day so I have shirts hanging up in every doorway of my house. I just realized that each time I enter a room I've been doing the limbo under the shirts. This has just become very entertaining to me.
  • I think that biscuit dough in one of those cans that you peel and they explode is quite possibly one of the scariest things ever, and probably the closest I will ever get to holding a grenade.
  • I'm a teacher, therefore I have summers off. When I'm going to the gym, or running errands during the day there are an amazing amount of people out and about. Don't these people have jobs? Not all of you can be teachers! And then it hits me...some people are actually allowed to like leave work for lunch! *Gasp* Or maybe even work from home! *Double Gasp!* Let me just say that people should never take those things for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment