Sunday, May 27, 2012

Just Pin It!

It's official...I'm addicted to Pinterest. For months I heard about this "virtual bulletin board" and thought to myself, "That's lame, why are people so crazy about this?" Okay, so really I was thinking, "Don't let yourself get on that, you know you'll get addicted in a snap." I can't explain what it is, but whoever invented this sharing of images is a freakin genius. For those of you who don't yet pin, let me give you just a few reasons why you should jump on the bandwagon.

1. The web has become an overwhelming source of information. Even using Google can give you 942 ways to prepare an artichoke. On Pinterest, you just type in what you want and voila! Take your pick!
2. People are amazing. Seriously, the creative juices that exist in our world are vastly untapped. I may not be able to come up with a clever way to decorate cupcakes, but I sure can copy someone else.
3. I admit that sometimes I'm lazy and I don't want to read. We'll call that "visual learning" for the sake of my name. On Pinterest, you pick what you want to pin based off of how it looks. I'll analyze the recipe or list of supplies later, right now I can just pin it and save it for a later date.
4. Pinterest prepares you for your future. For example, I don't have a garden, but when I do, it will contain hanging planters (see my pinboard). I'm not married, but I know exactly what my flower arrangements will look like (don't tell my boyfriend). It's not yet Christmas, but I know what handmade gift you are all getting (and yes, they all come in mason jars). Who can honestly say that they don't need something to help them plan ahead?

In summary, if you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it. Just make sure you join on a day you have a lot of time so you can pin your little heart out!

No comments:

Post a Comment