Sunday, May 6, 2012

What a Tool


I apologize for my lack of blogging lately. My move is officially over and the fun of unpacking is upon me. While unpacking and decorating my new space, I’m reminded of my life long battle with power tools. You see, I was banned from using tools during high school when I took my stereo apart. I was merely trying to get a CD out, but what ended up happening was an expensive piece of audio equipment being dissected into a disarray of screws and miscellaneous metal parts. My parents were less than pleased. At least now I can’t find a way to use power tools to take apart my iPod.

My boyfriend has also experienced my lack of tool knowledge. We decided it would be fun to build bookcases for his basement in the form of a race aka who can build their shelves the fastest. This turned into me accidentally building my bookcase backwards and him having to completely take it apart…including the locking screws (or whatever). Apparently I had gotten a little excited with the drill and was no longer allowed to be a part of the building process. He’s no fun at all.

This week I again had to relive my battle with tools. I went into it thinking “I am woman, hear me roar” which of course led me to drop a hammer on my toe…yes, it drew blood. Then I thought I would install some curtains. I watched multiple videos online and read through directions as well. Again, I do not believe in needing a man for these types of things. Well, four bent wall anchors later and a pretty big hole, and my curtains are still on the ground. Will I be forever cursed to not know how to use these damn tools? I hope not, because frankly, it’s really bright in the morning. Also, I’m currently accepting help from anyone who knows how to do this shit.

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know, I have been banned from the power tools at my house. Darin is afraid that I am going to injure myself. He doesn't call me "Dangerous Daphne" for no reason.

    ReplyDelete