Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Feed me cookies!


I’m a stress baker. This means that whenever the world seems to hate me, I automatically pull out the cookbook and begin baking things. There’s something about mixing a batter and then smelling it in the oven that calms my nerves. However, the bad thing about being a stress baker is usually this leads you to stress eating. Yes, this more common coping mechanism usually results in more sessions at the gym and an unfortunate tug on your waistband. Evidence of this type of event was when I was watching the Broncos during the playoffs. You know, the game where they got smoked. This stress prompted a pan of brownies, and the devouring of half the pan…yikes!

The solution that I’ve come up with for this unfortunate effect of my stress baking is simply packing up whatever I bake and then shipping it to my coworkers in our mail room. This is great because I get to try out new recipes on my fellow teachers plus I get to turn out some amazing goodies. There is a downside to this though, because every time that someone else brings something in to share with the staff, everyone automatically assumes that it’s you that baked it. While you don’t want to put up a sign that says “I didn’t bake this crap, don’t waste your calories” you can’t unless you want to start an inter-office revolution.

To my fellow stress bakers, I say we start up a bakery. At least then we will be making some money off of this sweet little habit. (Let's be real here, my spidery Halloween creations are fabulous :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment